Thursday 25 October 2007

Torres - A Poem on the Recent Form of the Reds

(To the tune of Bon Jovi's Always)

This Liverpool is bleeding
But you can't see its blood
It's nothing but some feelings
Of this poor old Rafa

We've been losing since you left me
Now we're drowning at the goal
You see we've always been a fighter
But without you we can't score

Now I can't sing a Red song
Like the way it's meant to be
Well I guess we're not that good anymore
But baby that's just me

(Chorus)
Yeah I will love you
Baby, Torres
And I'll be there forever and a day
Torres
I'll be there till the Cups don't shine
Till we win the league, for the 50th time
I know when I die, Red'll be on my mind
And I love you, Torres

Now the players that you've left behind
Look like Calamity James on the goal-line
Something made us laugh, something made us cry
At Besiktas, made us say goodbye

Our Euro hopes vanish to thin air
Sami's own goal brought us there
When you see it again, try to understand
He makes mistakes, he's just a man

Rafa thought he was close, when the season was here
When he said the words we've been wanting to him
"The title is ours, 'cos this boy is mine,"
Didn't know I'd sing this song after three months' time...

(Repeat Chorus)

If you told me to cry for you, I could
If you told me to die for you, I would
Take a look at our face, there's no price we won't pay
For the title to come to Pool

Though there ain't no hope in this lonely time
We're always gonna give you that one more try
We can just say we don't care and resume our lives
But the Kop's the place where the sun still shines

(Repeat Chorus)

No comments: