Monday 18 February 2008

I HAD A DREAM


I had a dream, a dream that I would get to see Liverpool breaking their 18-year drought for the title ended in the 2007/08 season.

I had a dream, that Harry Kewell at Liverpool will miraculously shake off all his injury problems to become just like the Harry Kewell at Leeds United.

I had a dream, that Steven Gerrard would rescue us from every single game, regardless of whether he plays from the start or comes on as a substitute.

I had a dream, that the Sami Hyypia at 34 would be just as solid as the Sami Hyypia at 28.

I had a dream, that Ryan Babel got to play as many games as Jose Reina, just about 90 minutes every single game.

I had a dream, that Dirk Kuyt at Feyenoord would take over the Dirk Kuyt at Liverpool.

I had a dream, that Liverpool's honourable, charitable billionaires were really billionaires, really honourable, and really charitable.

I had a dream, that Bob Paisley came back to resurrect this team.

I had a dream, that Rafael Benitez stuck to the same 11 in every game, and only rotated his team when absolutely necessary.

I had a dream, that Luke Steele did not play like Peter Shilton for Barnsley yesterday.

I had a dream, that we thrashed Barnsley 8-0, just like Besiktas.

I had a dream, that we are going to win the FA Cup, and the Champions League.

Alas, it was all but a dream.

No comments: